Carrickfergus is home to one of only three surviving coal gasworks in Great Britain and Ireland. Opened in 1855, Carrickfergus Gasworks supplied the town with gas for over 100 years. Having ceased to make gas in 1967, it closed in 1987. Fully restored by Carrickfergus Gasworks Preservation Society, it is now open to visitors.
44 Irish Quarter West,
Tel: 028 9335 8241